wereBot Circuit Board
An IR beacon that transmits a single ASCII character as an identifier
at a 4hz rate. The transmissions are sychronized to the mains. Transmitted
IDs at a baud rate of 1200bps with 'bits' being bursts of 38khz such
that simple IR receivers can be used on the RPi as the entire receiving
interface using the existing serial console (after being configured for
general purpose serial interface rather than system console).
Transmissions at 1200bps are finished within 1/2 of a 60hz mains cycle
so that the zero crossings of the mains can be used to synchonize multiple
beacons within one space (typically one room of a house or building). To
minimize cost, the beacons have no knowledge of other beacons and avoid
collision of transmission statistically (collisions will happen but
Find Yo Bot... better yet, have him find himself!
"ease Robot locational paranoia"
- 110vac only
- 4hz id rate
- open hardware/sw design
- don't like my code? It's a AVR, change it!
- centerline flashing LED for homing
- c/l led flash in time slots IR doesn't TX
- 3 'shaded' IR emiters with overlap (180deg fan)
- input serial TTL to change ID
- price $50 avail limited quan Oct2015---
- order via email, we'll work something out
wereBot circuit board